Tanglewood Behavioral Health Group in Houston, Texas, offers group therapy in a safe, non-judgmental environment that provides social support and encourages healing. Our therapists believe therapeutic group sessions are effective and foster healthy interpersonal relationships, empathy, and personal growth.
Supportive Group Counseling Services
Our group therapy sessions are run by a trained facilitator in a group setting instead of one-on-one sessions with an individual therapist. With group therapy, individuals can connect with others who share similar experiences and understand what they are going through, which can accelerate the therapeutic process.
Group Therapy Benefits
Group therapy sessions at Tanglewood Behavioral Health Group offer unique benefits. These sessions can reduce the stigma associated with seeking help, provide social support, and create a sense of belonging. Participants can also expect the following:
- Diverse perspectives and increased empathy – Individuals gain insight and empathy by hearing other people’s stories, experiences, and perspectives. This can enhance their understanding of their own issues as well.
- Validation – Feedback from other participants can promote self-awareness and help individuals gain insight into their own emotions and behaviors.
- Skill development – By working with the therapist and other participants, individuals can develop and implement communication, coping, and interpersonal skills.
- Accountability – Individuals can motivate each other to continue therapy and hold each other accountable for participating.
- Long-term support – Participants may develop long-lasting relationships and networks with other members of their group therapy sessions.
Psychotherapy groups can also be an affordable alternative to traditional one-on-one therapy, and your insurance may cover some groups.
Reach Out for Supportive Group Counseling Services
It’s essential to consult with a mental health professional at Tanglewood Behavioral Health Group to determine if group therapy is right for you. We are here to guide you on your path to healing with compassionate, supportive care. Contact our team today to learn more about our services and schedule an appointment.